Atlas of Innovation for Economic Stability Identifies Eleven U.S. Innovations that Create Stable Incomes and Futures
Labor Solutions, which offers a suite of technology products to empower the evolving global workforce, is featured in The Atlas of Innovation for Economic Stability, published today by international NGO FHI 360 with support from The Rockefeller Foundation. The innovative mobile-based platform is designed to assess labor conditions and help employees improve their working standards, while giving international brands and retailers the ability to make more socially responsible sourcing decisions.
The Atlas is the result of a global research and crowdsourcing effort, and features more than sixty innovations from around the world that help individuals, households, communities, and countries survive and prosper even in the face of economic volatility.
Seven innovations featured in the Atlas provide Americans with technology-enabled tools for managing unstable finances, building skills for employment, protecting personal safety. They include:
- Even, Digit, and Prism, three mobile application solutions that help stabilize people’s lives by managing their savings and smoothing their incomes so that they can pay bills today and plan for the future.
- Burning Glass, which offers a range of labor market analytics solutions that help match people with jobs.
- Viridis Learning, which also uses big data to connect American job-seekers with companies, through its technology platform that integrates with existing student information systems, government databases and labor market information to connect students to employers.
- Alia, a technology driven platform, which aims to provide benefits and lift standards for domestic workers.
- A mobile safety application called WatchMe 911, which helps to protect women in public spaces.